In this recipe by Larisa Litvin, learn how to make a delicious and seasonal Spring Greens Salad and an amazing avocado dressing!
Spring is most definitely here, and with spring comes great weather and fresh produce! It is a perfect time to enjoy a leisurely trip to your local farmers’ market or, even better, home garden where you can pick up vibrant veggies for deliciously healthy meals.
Need some inspiration for a healthy, simple, seasonal, and delicious meal? Enjoy our Spring Greens Salad with Avocado Dressing! We combine tender spring greens, which are much easier to digest than most other raw foods, with everyone’s favorite super-fruit, avocado, to create a simple and delectable way for you to enjoy the first harvest of the year!
How To Make Spring Greens Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 Pound Spring Greens (baby spinach, dandelions, arugula, romaine, etc.) mixed or solo
- Handful of chopped scallions
- Handful of chopped parsley and/or cilantro
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare vegetables for the salad and place them in a large bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half, discard the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a food processor or blender with a spoon.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender. If the dressing is too thick, add just enough water to achieve a thick but pourable consistency.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
- Slice a bunch of radishes for a crunchy nutritious addition to the salad.
- Replace salt with ½ teaspoon Bragg’s Liquid Amino.