Soft and juicy with a savory flavor that is sublime, and served over steaming fluffy basmati rice, these korean style baked eggplants make an impressive and immaculate vegan meal.
Let us know in the comments below how you enjoyed our Korean Style Baked Eggplants, and if you made any adjustments 🙂
Korean Style Baked Eggplant
- Put the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. On the open side of each half, make several deep x-shaped diagonal slashes in the flesh without cutting through to the skin.
- Brush the cut sides with olive oil.
- Arrange the eggplants, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size, until the flesh is cooked through and tender.
- Flip the eggplants so the flesh side faces up.
- Brush with the marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes and scallions.
- Serve hot and enjoy! We suggest a side of Fluffy Basmati Rice.