Rare for grains, quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids responsible for protein synthesis. In other words, it’s full of easy-to-absorb muscle-building/fat-busting protein! Plus, it’s gluten-free, loaded with anti-aging antioxidants, and high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin E.
Our recipe for Quinoa Pilaf is not only incredibly healthy, but super easy to make. It’s sure to impress your family and friends, and have them asking for more.
- In a fine strainer, rinse quinoa under running water.
- Put the quinoa in a pan and add water, bay leaves, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the grains are tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic to the sauteing onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the carrots and potatoes to the frying pan. Sauté stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add a little bit water if the veggies are sticking to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as the quinoa is done, stir in the vegetable mixture just until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with parsley if desire. Serve hot.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training: Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Consultations: Have a specific Ayurvedic question? Being bogged down by illness? Is something just not right? Our expert Ayurvedic Consultant can help you not only feel better, but SOAR to new heights!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!