Revered for its medicinal properties and prized for its fragrance, garlic alleviates countless maladies and gives a delicious complexity to foods.
Medical studies show garlic’s amazing health potential in nearly every area of the body, such as removing heavy metals, lowering blood triglyceride and cholesterol levels, preventing the common cold, fighting infections, edema, depression, fatigue, parasites and yeast infections, as well as many other conditions including slowing the aging process.
Considering its hot and pungent properties, garlic should be used liberally during cold seasons and moderately in the summer. Since garlic is harvested in the middle of summer, the homemade garlic paste is an excellent way to have a supply of local, clean, and delicious garlic for your cooking all year around.
Garlic paste is excellent for making garlic bread, and tastes great mixed into any soup, vegetable dish or salad dressing that calls for garlic.
Yields Around 3 Cups
- Process the garlic in the food processor until it’s chopped into small pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Place the paste into glass jars with lids. Keep in the fridge.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training: Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!