New potatoes are in season from early to mid-summer. They are young potatoes and unlike their fully-grown counterparts, they keep their shape once cooked. They are also sweeter because their sugar has not yet converted into starch. The skin on young potatoes is tender and the flesh inside is creamy and nutty.
New potatoes require a very simple cooking to deliver their delicate and comforting deliciousness.
New Potatoes with Dill
Yields 4 Servings
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, pour in water just to cover, and add the salt. Bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat covered for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add the ghee (or butter) and the dill. Gently stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training: Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!