Melons are sweet and cooling, and provide refreshing and soothing relief for the summer months. Their heavy and watery properties calm vata and their cooling qualities alleviate burning sensations associated with excess pitta. Melons are loaded with minerals, fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamins A, B, and C.
Melon preserve is a truly spectacular treat! To intensify its amazing flavor, select perfectly ripe and fragrant melons.
Yields About 5 Half-Pint Jars
- In a ceramic bowl, combine chopped melon, sugar, and lemon juice. Cover and let stand for an hour.
- Pour the melon and its juices into a large heavy-bottomed preserving pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often to make sure it’s not sticking.
- Pour the mixture back to the ceramic bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning transfer the mixture into the preserving pot. Bring to a boil on low heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring and skimming the foam.
- Put the melon preserve while very hot into hot, sterilized jars and immediately seal with sterilized lids.
- Store this preserve in a dry cool place for up to one year.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training (with cooking classes!): Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!