Gourds are harvested in late summer and early autumn. They are cooling, nourishing and moisturizing; just what we need at that time of the year! All the ingredients in this very simple dish share the cooling quality, which makes it a superb Pitta-pacifying delight!
Gourd with Lime & Coriander goes well with our Cumin Rice.
Gourd with Lime & Coriander
- Heat the oil in a wide heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add the gourd. Sauté for 5 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the coriander powder, stir. Cover with lid, and cook until the gourd is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season to your taste with salt.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro. Toss and serve.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At Sadhana we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training (with cooking classes!): Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!