Velvety smooth and with a hint of heat, this beautiful bright-yellow soup is delicious, healthy, and super easy to make! Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A and ginger, while cinnamon and peppercorns are good for circulation and digestion.
There is a variation to this soup which I like a lot. Substitute some of the carrots with sweet potatoes and beets. Ratio of 40% carrots, 40% sweet potatoes, and 20% beets works well, but don’t be too concerned about the math and experiment according to your own tastes.
- Heat the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and carrots and sauté frequently stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, salt, cinnamon stick, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and some or most of peppercorns, according to your taste.
- In a blender or food processor, puree until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and, if needed, reheat it over medium heat until hot.
- Serve with fresh parsley leaves.
Learn More Ayurveda
Interested in taking your life to the next level? Want to lead a life bountiful with rich relationships, constant success, and soul-satisfying passion? Ayurveda provides the means to manifest the greatest, happiest, and healthiest YOU!
At the Ayurveda and Yoga Institute, we have multiple options to dive deeper into Ayurveda. We’d love to assist you through the path of empowerment!
- Sadhana’s 200hr Ayurveda and Healing Training (with cooking classes!): Enjoy 10 months of magical living exploring and internalizing time-tested practices to bring health and vibrancy to yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat and how you live provide you with the fuel to keep motivated, strong, enthusiastic, passionate, and positive. Regardless of your age, physical condition, or occupation, Sadhana’s Ayurvedic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching will get you healthier, happier, and more successful than ever.
- Sadhana’s 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Emphasis on Ayurveda: Are you a yoga practitioner wanting to deepen your practice or share your passion as an instructor? Our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training merges the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. Empower through individual attention, personalized sequencing, and full body-mind-spirit expansion!