Braising vegetables is an easy and effortless way to make a hearty vegetarian dish to warm up your soul and your belly on a cold winter day. The aroma while cooking this dish will fill your house with instant coziness, while the colors and the taste will lift your spirit.
Braising requires a Dutch oven or a similar ovenproof pan with a lid.
Braised Veggie Medley
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat the ghee in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chili pepper and sauté stirring for half a minute.
- Add the carrots and beet. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the potatoes and sauté for another 2-3 minutes to slightly brown the root vegetables.
- Add the leek, cabbage, and the salts. Stir once or twice.
- Pour in water to cover half the vegetables. Add the sour cream. Stir vegetables gently. Bring to a boil. Put in the bay leaves.
- Cover the pan with a lid and transfer to the oven. Braise for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Ayurveda is the Science of Life. With The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute’s 200 Hour Ayurveda Healing Immersive Certification Training you’ll cultivate vibrant health, radical self-love, unwavering compassion for others, rich relationships, knowledge of your life purpose, unshakable joy, and the life you’ve always dreamed of living! Click here to read about the experiences of one of the members of the Class of 2018.