These moist chocolate beet cupcakes topped with beautiful pink beet cashew frosting are all natural and healthy enough to be served to your loved ones for a Valentine’s Day breakfast or special treat.
Pretty in Pink Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
Yields 12 Cupcakes
- Boil the beets in water until just soft. Cool and cut them into cubes.
- If making the Beet Cashew Frosting: Boil the beets needed for the frosting in the same pot. After the beets are ready, reserve the beets for the frosting by placing them in a separate bowl.
- Place cupcake liners into a 12-mold cupcake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar.
- Puree the beets in a food processor. Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients (step 5) to the dry ingredients (step 4) and gently mix.
- Pour the batter into cupcake cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cupcakes are springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Place all the ingredients for the cashew frosting in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate them with the cashew frosting.
Ayurveda is the Science of Life. With The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute’s 200 Hour Ayurveda Healing Immersive Certification Training you’ll cultivate vibrant health, radical self-love, unwavering compassion for others, rich relationships, knowledge of your life purpose, unshakable joy, and the life you’ve always dreamed of living! Click here to read about the experiences of one of the members of the Class of 2018.