Quinoa is a gluten-free super-grain and a protein powerhouse. This healthy wonder grain contains complete plant-based protein with all the essential amino acids. Quinoa is high in fiber and antioxidants, and is a great source of iron and magnesium. Eating quinoa in spring is very beneficial, especially in preparation for detox.
This savory, light, and fluffy quinoa dish is very nourishing and comforting, and it is easy to customize with ingredients you have on hand.
Quinoa with Green Peas and Carrots
- Soak the quinoa for 15 minutes. Wash well and drain in a fine strainer.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the turmeric, coriander, salt, and quinoa.
- Bring to a boil again, then cover and reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the carrots and sauté for about 10 minutes, until tender, stirring frequently.
- When the quinoa is soft and the water has almost evaporated from the saucepan, add the peas and sautéed carrots. Cover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, until all the water has evaporated and the peas are cooked.
- Turn off the heat. Add the dill and black pepper. Fluff with a fork and serve.