This simple and handy recipe upgrades a boring pot of boiled potatoes to a zesty and interesting meal.
There is something so soothing and grounding about these nicely seasoned potatoes sizzling in the cast-iron skillet. A perfect meal when you want to feel nurtured and nourished.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Pour in water just to cover, and add the salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan on medium low heat, melt the ghee. Add the coriander, cumin and fennel powders. Sautee frequently stirring, for a minute until the spices start releasing their fragrance.
- Add the onions. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric. Continue cooking until the onions are soft. Should take around 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and mix them with the onions in the frying pan. Add black pepper and salt if needed. Gently stir on low heat until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Ayurveda is the Science of Life. With The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute’s 200 Hour Ayurveda Healing Immersive Certification Training you’ll cultivate vibrant health, radical self-love, unwavering compassion for others, rich relationships, knowledge of your life purpose, unshakable joy, and the life you’ve always dreamed of living! Click here to learn more about this life-changing program.