This rustic simple pear tart made from wholesome seasonal ingredients is the perfect healthy treat for that magical season when late summer gently drifts into early autumn. Thanks to the abundance of fresh local fruit, it’s a wonderful time to bake this dish that’s packed with delicious flavor and nutritious fiber.
Very Simple Pear Tart
- To make the crust, place the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, and salt into a food processor. Pulse once. Cut the butter into chunks and add it to the flour mixture. Process until you get a coarse mixture. Add the ice water and process just until the mixture gathers into a ball. If needed, add a little bit more icy water. Pat the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Peel the pears, core, and slice them. Sprinkle in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss until the pears are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take the dough from the fridge and place it on a parchment paper. Dust the dough with flour and roll into about a 12-inch circle, adding more flour if necessary to prevent sticking. Transfer the crust to a baking sheet with parchment paper in place.
- Lay the pear slices on top of the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Fold the edges of the dough over the pears. The crust will not meet in the center.
- Bake the tart about 45 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Ayurveda is the Science of Life. With The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute’s 100 Hour Ayurveda and Healing Fundamentals Program you’ll cultivate vibrant health, radical self-love, unwavering compassion for others, rich relationships, knowledge of your life purpose, unshakable joy, and the life you’ve always dreamed of living! Click here to learn more about this life-changing program.