Upcoming Info SessionsLearn more about our upcoming trainings, including the 300-Hour Advanced Studies program, and enjoy a community yoga class led by lead instructor, Danny Litvin, on the following dates:
- Monday July 16 – Yoga Class @ 7pm, Info Session @ 8:15pm
- Monday August 6 – Yoga Class @ 7pm, Info Session @ 8:15pm
- Sunday September 9 – Yoga Class @ 10am, Info Session @ 11:15am
Can’t make an info session? Email us at Info@AyurvedaYogaInstitute.com with questions or to schedule an in-person or phone conversation.
300-Hour Advanced Studies in Yoga
The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute is honored to present its inaugural Advanced Studies in Yoga program. This is a 300-hour Yoga Alliance approved program where graduates earn the RYT-500 status. Those enrolling must have completed a 200-hour yoga certification course.
Our Advanced Studies program is designed with those interested in profound exploration of yoga as well as those seeking to take their teaching to the next level. For this reason, this the syllabus offers a varied yet nuanced array of topics ranging from teaching tools (asana, anatomy, etc.) to life-changing topics (philosophy, ayurveda, etc.). Read on below for an overview of the course; contact us with any questions.
Advanced Asana and Teaching Tools
- Deeper exploration into alignment, anatomy, energetics, modifcations, and variations for 200-hour level poses.
- Expand your repertoire with investigation of advanced asana.
- Improve your ability to access student limitations and provide appropriate modifications.
- Instruction in various styles of asana including resotrative, yin, vinyasa, prenatal, and more.
- Develop your skills offering verbal and hands-on adjustments & assists.
Meditation, Pranayama, and Philosophy
- Explore the gifts of a regular meditation practice with coaching and accountability.
- Discover tools to guide others through meditation and yoga nidra.
- Investigate yoga philosophy through exploration of the classics including The Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and the Yoga Sutras
- Explore applicable philosophy and self-transformation techniques
- Learn the secrets of Swara Yoga: The Yoga of the Breath
Ayurveda, Asana, and You
- Learn how to apply Ayurveda to asana through modifications, sequencing, setting, and more.
- Improve your ability to understand and connect with students through knowledge of prakruti: Ayurvedic body-mind type.
- Discover how yoga can be used to balance doshas, nourish tissues, and ensure a healthy body and mind
Physical and Energetic Anatomy
- Discover how yoga asana and techniques can be used to cleanse the energetic channels (nadis) and open the chakras
- Through expanding your understanding of how the physical body works, learn how to safely incorporate various asanas and movements to support overall health.
- Improve your teaching through constructive feedback from your teachers and classmates.
- Cultivate your personal teaching style through personal guidance from your teachers.
Class of 2019 Dates
Trainees will meet on select Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Thursday sessions are from 6:00 – 9:30pm and Saturday & Sunday sessions are from 10:00am to 6:30pm.
|October||10/6 – 10/7||10/4, 10/11, 10/18|
|November||11/10 – 11/11||11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/29|
|December||12/15 – 12/16||12/6, 12/13, 12/20|
|January||1/19 – 1/20||1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/31|
|February||2/2 – 2/3||2/7, 2/21, 2/28|
|March||3/30 – 3/31||3/7, 3/14, 3/28|
|April||4/27 – 4/28||4/4, 4/11, 4/25|
|May||5/11 – 5/12||5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/30|
|June||6/1 – 6/2||–|
Can't Attend All The Class Sessions?Don’t worry, there are many opportunities to make up lost time. Even if you’re only able to make a handful of sessions, you can pick up where you left off in future Advanced Studies sessions. We’re flexible, contact us to discuss ways to make up for lost hours.
Three different payment options exist for students enrolling in The Ayurveda and Yoga Institute’s 300-Hour Advanced Studies program. All payment plans include a non-refundable $500 deposit. Included in the cost is the student handbook – there is no other required reading.
- Early Bird: $3600 ($500 Deposit + $3100). Tuition due by August 24, 2018.
- Single Payment: $3750 ($500 Deposit + $3250). Tuition due by September 27, 2018
- Payment Plan: $4000 ($500 Deposit + 10 Payments of $350).
Registration & More Information
Please email us at Info@AyurvedaYogaInstitute.com to register or for more information.